@Canelo @Alvarez @will @return @to @the @ring @and @to @the @middleweight @division @on @May 4 @to @fight @Danny @Jacobs

@Canelo @Alvarez @will @return @to @the @ring @and @to @the @middleweight @division @on @May 4 @to @fight @Danny @Jacobs


                          


Canelo Alvarez will return to the ring and to the middleweight division on May 4 (May 5 AEDT) to fight Danny Jacobs.

Alvarez will defend his WBC and WBA (Super) titles against IBF champion Jacobs in a matchup of two of the sport’s top performers. No venue has been announced for the bout on the eve of Cinco de Mayo.
Mexico’s Alvarez (50-1-2, 35 knockouts) became a three-division world champion by knocking out Rocky Fielding in three rounds to take the WBA super middleweight crown in December.

He now goes back to middleweight, where he owns a draw and a victory over Gennady Golovkin that lifted him to the top of a loaded division.
“I’m happy to announce my next fight during the festive weekend of Cinco de Mayo,” the 28-year-old Alvarez said.
“I will unify my middleweight titles against Daniel Jacobs on one of the two most important dates that belong to me. I have no doubt that I will be victorious and that I’ll be one step away from becoming the undisputed middleweight world champion.”
Jacobs, a 31-year-old New Yorker who overcame bone cancer to become a champion, is 35-2 with 29 KOs.
Despite losing a close bout to Golovkin in 2017, Jacobs remained a force. He hasn’t lost since and took the IBF belt by defeating Sergiy Derevyanchenkoto.
“This is the opportunity I have been waiting for, the opportunity to achieve greatness inside the ring,” Jacobs said.
“I have always believed I can beat Canelo, and on May 4 live on DAZN, I will get my chance to play it out. It’s been nearly four years since Canelo has faced an American challenger. It’s going to be a huge event where I believe I will cement myself as the best middleweight in the division.”
Powered by Blogger.